Video on your blog with flowplayer wordpress plugin
About the plugin
This plugin adds flowplayer to your wordpress blog, it comes pre-configured and is very easy to use.
all you need is the location of the video and it’s resolution. The plugin comes with flowplayer
version 3 which is able to play the following formats;
It is supported by the folowing browsers;
- Internet Explorer 6.0+
- Firefox FF 2+
- Safari 2.0+
- Opera 9.0+
This plugin uses flow player which is available from HERE, this plugin includes version 3 of the player and will be updated when a new version comes out. the code for this plugin is based on the WP-FLV plugin which is available from HERE.
- Upload the `wordpress-flowplayer` directory to the `/wp-content/plugins/` directory
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
How it works
To add a video to your post you can either click the ‘flow’ (only if you are in HTML mode)
button and answer the questions or you can enter the code yourself for example;
would add the video ‘/uploads/video.flv’ with the width 320 and the height 240 to your post.
You can convert to flv for free using this tutorial;
Version 0.1 (30/11/08)
Version 0.2 (5/12/08)
- fixed a very nasty bug, which caused anything in square brackets to be parsed as if it was the flow tag.
- added support for the visual editor mce has been added.
Version 0.3 (6/12/08)
- fixed more problems with the parse code
- cleaned up code to allow easy addition of new features in the future.